In 1923 a convent was built in the hospital grounds and in 1931 a two story brick building was opened now known as the Ryan Wing.
The first student nurses began their training in 1932 with many nurses graduating from St Vincents until the final group in 1987, when nurse training was transferred to Universities.
1966 saw the establishment of a 25 bed Rehabilitation Unit and in 1982 St. Joseph's Nursing Home was opened. A Day hospital facility known as the Carroll Centre at the Avondale Avenue entrance to the hospital grounds was opened in 1985.
The hospital was privatised in 1990, following the completion of new accommodation. The Specialist Medical Centre and Coffee Shop was added in 1997.