YOUR SAFETY IS OUR HIGHEST PRIORITY
To protect you, our patients and staff, visitation restrictions are now in place at St Vincent’s Lismore.
We understand that visiting your loved ones is important, just as much as their health.
Please know that this is to ensure everyone’s safety during this COVID-19 pandemic and to comply with NSW Health and Government directions.
INFORMATION FOR VISITORS
Please do not visit St Vincent’s Hospital unless you are an immediate family member or carer of the patient.
Prior to visitation or admission at St Vincent’s we ask;
- If you have returned from travel overseas, travelled from Victoria or any of the designated NSW hotspots
- If you have any cold, flu-like or respiratory symptoms
- If you have had contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 that you contact St Vincent’s on P: 02 6627 9600 and your doctor, prior to attending onsite for a consult or admission, so appropriate precautions can be put in place, protecting you and others in the hospital.
What are the restrictions on visitors at St Vincent’s Hospital?
Given the evolving situation, in line with advice from NSW Health we are restricting visitation to patients at St Vincent’s. To ensure social distancing, which helps stop or slows the spread of infectious diseases;
- Patients may have a maximum of 1 visitor per day, for a maximum of 1 hour in duration.
- Visiting hours are between 1pm and 6pm daily.
Prior to your arrival, you should contact the hospital to confirm you can visit the patient P: 02 6627 9600.
Additional restrictions may be implemented in high-risk areas including the High Dependency Unit, Oncology unit and Dialysis unit.
Visitors are being screened by staff before entering the hospital and will not be able to visit if they:
- Are unwell with any cold or flu like symptoms, even a runny nose
- Have returned from overseas, travelled from Victoria or any of the designated NSW hotspots in the past two weeks
- Have been identified as close personal contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Have been in close contact with a suspected case of COVID-19
This screening point also applies to any visitors, essential contractors or representatives who need to attend St Vincent’s Hospital, Medical Centre, St Joseph’s Aged Care Facilities or Friends Child Care in order to seek medical treatment, attend site meetings, prepare reports, or assess equipment for any reason.
For safety reasons, we are also regretfully implementing the following restrictions:
- Children under the age of 16 years are unable to visit St Vincent’s (exceptions can be considered on a case-by-case basis in discussion with the nurse in charge)
If you enter St Vincent’s, you must practice the following precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, before and after eating as well as after attending the toilet.
- Avoid contact with others (including touching, kissing, hugging, and other intimate contact).
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- If you are asked to wear a surgical face mask, after putting it on to cover your nose and mouth, do not touch the front of the mask. Remove the mask using the ear loops or head straps.
- Dispose of the used mask into a waste bin and perform hand hygiene with soap and water or alcohol hand rub.
Where can I get more information?
Visit the Australian Government Department of Health homepage at www.health.gov.au.
Call the Public Health Information Line on 1800 004 599 or NSW Health on 1300 066 055 or the
Corona virus hotline on 1800 020 080 (24 hours). If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.
Please call Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.