A strong commitment to safety and quality underpins everything we do.
We strive to deliver safe environments and systems of work to support our healthcare professionals in providing the safest possible care. We achieve this through a strong clinical governance framework.
Clinical Governance is the system by which the St Vincent’s Board, managers and clinicians share responsibility and are held accountable for patient safety, minimising risks to consumers and for improving the quality of clinical care.
We actively seek patient/consumer feedback and participation, to assist us to continually improve our services.
The framework structure consists of key organisational elements to effectively improve the quality of healthcare we deliver:
- Governance, leadership and culture
- Patient safety and quality improvement systems
- Clinical performance and effectiveness
- Safe environment for the delivery of care
- Partnering with consumers