All staff at St Vincent’s Lismore are involved in the Pastoral Ministry of care. This is a ministry of presence and support to patients, residents and families and also of staff to each other.
The Pastoral Care Team is trained in clinical, pastoral listening ministry. The team provides compassionate, supportive and intentional presence; ritual; association and companionship to support person-centred care.
Compassion and sensitivity are fundamental elements of pastoral caring.
We support people of all faiths and of no particular faith. Ministers and representatives of other faiths are trained and authorised to minister to members of their faith tradition.
On call pastoral care support is available on 0409 057 711
The Hospital Chapel is located within the hospital at the Dalley Street entrance, left of Reception.
- The Hospital Chapel is available 24/7 for families, staff, volunteers and patients/residents
- Catholic Mass is held every Wednesday at 12 noon for all who wish to attend (non-Catholics very welcome)
- Chapel Services are broadcast to the wards on Channel 113.
- Monday 9:00am at Mary’s Grange
- Wednesday 12 noon at St Vincent’s Hospital Chapel
- Friday 10:30am at St Joseph’s
- Chapel Services are broadcast to the wards on Channel 113. This is available for patients who cannot make it to the chapel.
- A Catholic TV channel is available on the ward TVs
- Memorial services are offered to support people in dealing with grief
- New Testaments and Psalms are available to all patients, and volunteers will happily read passages at the bedside for vision-impaired patients.
- Prayer requests can be left anonymously in the letter box slot at the Pastoral Care Services office located near the Avondale Avenue entrance.