To protect you, our patients and staff, visitor restrictions are now in place at St Vincent’s Lismore.
In line with restrictions currently in place in the public health system in NSW, we are restricting visitation to patients at St Vincent’s. To ensure social distancing, which helps stop or slows the spread of infectious diseases;
From Tuesday, 10 May 2022, patients may receive one visitor, twice a day for one hour, between the hours of 1:00pm and 6:00pm daily. This can be two different people.
Prior to arrival, visitors should contact the hospital to confirm they can visit the patient P: 02 6627 9600.
Additional restrictions may be implemented in high-risk areas including the High Dependency Unit, Oncology unit and Dialysis unit, and may also include full visitor restrictions to other wards.
- Visitor restrictions will not apply at the discretion of the Nurse Unit Manager, under the following circumstances:
– end of life visits
– parents/guardians of children
– a carer of a patient with a disability
- All visitors will be required to show evidence of double vaccination or medical contraindication to enter St Vincent’s Hospital to visit a patient.
– Patients are not required to be vaccinated to obtain medical treatment.
– Carers are not required to be vaccinated to accompany a patient.
Visitors are being screened by staff before entering the hospital and will not be able to visit if they:
- Are unwell with any cold or flu like symptoms, even a runny nose
- Have returned from overseas, interstate, traveled from any of the designated hot spots in the past two weeks
- Have been identified as close personal contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Have been in close contact with a suspected case of COVID-19
This screening point also applies to any visitors, essential contractors or representatives who need to attend St Vincent’s Hospital, Medical Centre, St Joseph’s Aged Care Facilities or Friends Child Care in order to seek medical treatment, attend site meetings, prepare reports, or assess equipment for any reason.
If you enter St Vincent’s, you must practice the following precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, before and after eating as well as after attending the toilet.
- Avoid contact with others (including touching, kissing, hugging, and other intimate contact).
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- If you are asked to wear a surgical face mask, after putting it on to cover your nose and mouth, do not touch the front of the mask. Remove the mask using the ear loops or head straps.
- Dispose of the used mask into a waste bin and perform hand hygiene with soap and water or alcohol hand rub.
All visitors are asked to observe visiting hours and respect the privacy of our patients.